Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas is here!

I love Christmas trees, Christmas lights, Christmas songs and carols, Christmas decorations, receiving and giving gifts, enjoy watching plays at the church, celebrations, parties and everything! The whole thing about Christmas fascinates me. When I was a little girl, thinking about Christmas always made me excited, specially when the month of December is getting closer. I am sure that a lot of you feel the same way. The center of all of these is JESUS our Savior, He is also our redeemer, our Councilor, our Healer, our Provider, our Strength, the source of our joy, peace and satisfaction, the King of Kings and Lord of lords, the GREAT I Am! and He lives forever! When you think and remember JESUS this season, the celebration is more profound and meaningful. I started to write lists of things I wanted to have this Christmas, and they are just lists. I enjoy writing them even if I knew in my heart I could not possibly get everything in the lists. As my husband says, " We can't have everything." That is really true, and it makes life more interesting that way. It makes me feel more content with what I have, and I thank the Lord and appreciate the Lord's blessings more. Last year our tree was a fake one. My husband disliked it so much. He has always wanted to have the real one, and yes, you can't beat the real tree. The smell of the pine Christmas tree is just refreshing. A lady, whose name is Mrs. Sonoko Manungas, such a sweet and very generous lady, (she is like a grandma to my kids), gave us a fake tree, and I thought having a fake tree was practical. I just put it up and and put it away when the season was over, no fuss and bother compared to the real tree when I have to make sure that there's enough water in the vase otherwise it's going to die on me. Theneedles fall out, and yes, we have to throw it and the money away afterward. Anyhow, my husband said to me firmly that we were going to have a real one this year. I said to him that if he can find $15 worth of tree, go ahead; but we were not able to find one that cheap and finally decided to buy whatever the priced was, and we found our tree. Matthew said, "We found the perfect thing." We sure did! The tree is standing proudly in our living room decorated with all the ornaments that I can find in the basement and we covered it with lights. My boys love it. I would say that we are happy with our Christmas tree. I am hoping that we are going to have a white Christmas this year. Two years ago we had a very warm Christmas. I was so disappointed as was everybody else. This year we started with a cold front, so hopefully we get lots of snow before the season is over. We love to play in the snow. We sled on the hill and make lots of snowmen in the yard. It's fun and very enjoyable! I always make hot chocolate afterward. White Christmas is beautiful!

10 comments:

simply divina said...

Niceeee shot! Oh, I'm so excited to take care of my nephew tomorrow.

simply divina said...

Merry Christmas sister.I hope that we could be together on Christmas day. We already have all the decoration for our Christmas tree for saturday.See yah!

simply divina said...

Merry Christmas sister.I hope that we could be together on Christmas day. We already have all the decoration for our Christmas tree for saturday.See yah!

the_yothers said...

Thank you sister, I miss you, I hope that we could get out tomorrow and so some more shopping!

Aisha said...

I wish I could also set up a Christmas tree in our apartment but Steven and his siblings always celebrate it at his mother's house. I like your Christmas tree and it's nice to meet you. Thanks for coming by my blog, will link you up to mine.

Aisha said...

Hi sis, gisudlan nako blog ni Divine dayon giuncheck ra nako imo blog para wala na sa iya. Ang imo nalang mura under na sa settings dayon permission. Wala ra ba ko nanghid ni Divine, I hope okay lang sa iya. Icheck daw kung insakto ba ako gibuhat sa kay Dvine na gikuha imo blog under sa iya.

the_yothers said...

Vine thanks for watching the kids today, I know that it was hard for you and Mark to get up so early, my boys had fun with uncle and auntie again.

the_yothers said...

Aisha, Vine wont mind. You know when you have kids someday, it would be really fun to have your own christmas tree! for now theres only the two of you so its really okey.

litlit said...

Hi Tes, you are right! Jesus is the reason why we celebrate the season...Advance Merry Christmas to you and your family..honestly, I am always smiling while reading your blog....God is so faithful..always remember you in my prayers and heart....

the_yothers said...

Salamat Lits, i think what really inspired me to go ahead and write something, its because I always have fun reading your blogs and I thought its probably fun writing something too hehe! i always check if you have new ones so please keep writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...