Monday, December 15, 2008

Mathew and Everett

This is our Matthew Ryan; he is is now 4 years and 3 months old. He calls himself Kuya Matt, Spiderman, the baseball player, little Mr Yothers, daddy's best friend and daddy's little boy, but for me he is always my little pumpkin. I know him better than anyone in this world. He is a super- active guy, a very athletic and happy boy. He can make and does some things that would drive you nuts, but he is the sweetest. He is also a tease. He would only say the words, " I love you, Mommy," when he goes to sleep at night or takes his nap in the afternoon. Sometimes when I ask him if he loves me, he says, "No, I don't; I don't even like you." Yeah, right! His favorite junk food is chocolates and candy canes. We were trying to avoid buying those things, but this time of the year it is unavoidable. A lot of people are giving away those things. In fact, it has started now that Christmas vacation is just a week away, but that's okay. Going to a dentist is very expensive, and the worst thing you can do right now is to spend something when it can be prevented before it happens. I am his dentist; I make sure to brush his teeth after eating chocolates, and explain to him the importance of brushing one's teeth. I am also his teacher. I started reading him books when he was only two weeks old. I started to worry when he was still not talking at the age of 16 months. I thought that he did not learn anything about numbers, alphabet, shapes, and colors; but when he started to talk, boom! He remembers everything taught and read to him. He was 2 years old when he told me the difference between a frog and toad. This morning he was trying to explain to me how medicine works inside the body and how it heals him and all. When I got sick one time, he prayed for me and told me that Jesus heals me.
This is Everett Scott. He is now 2 years and 4 months old. This little boy has his daddy's personality, quiet, very reserved, and ....very clumsy(sorry Dad). He broke his collarbone when he was born. I had to come home the next day after I delivered him so I could take care of him myself. I felt so bad for him. I had to wrap his right arm around his body so he could not move it. The doctor said that it takes 6 weeks to heal the bone. Giving him a bath was not easy, and it hurt him when he hiccuped. I had to give him tylenol the first 2 weeks of his life. When he was 3 months old, he got a bad case of eczema. He just kept crying and crying. We finally took him to the doctor and confirmed that it was eczema. It's an itchy skin problem. His first birthday was not a nice one. He fell from his high chair. It was a bad fall; I had to call 911. They took x-rays that day, and praise the Lord, no broken bones. It was 4 o'clock when we got home from the doctor's office and called our friends to let them know that his birthday celebration was not canceled. Everett loves books; he would sleep with them and be awakened crying because sleeping in his bed is not very comfortable anymore with lots of books in there with him. When we put him down at night, we check on him before going to bed to make sure that his bed is empty of books.

7 comments:

litlit said...

When God gives gifts sure enough they're very unique and your children are very unique tes...God is great!

the_yothers said...

Thanks Lits, I am hoping, expecting and praying that one day, you will be sharing to us about your own children too. :)

Anne said...

Thank for the introductions of your cute little boys. They look so sweet, enjoy them.

the_yothers said...

Thanks Anne, thanks for comments and for stopping by. I am enjoying them although sometimes I get stress and burn out but I am doing good. reading blogs is one way to relax myself.

simply divina said...

Sister,ka cute sa akung mga pag umangkon oi, grabe jud.I miss you guys. Today was a long day for us.

simply divina said...

Ate, I'm so happy to see all your bags here.Good job Sis!

the_yothers said...

Thanks you sister, we are working on making mommy a brochure to give away to her friends, she is really a generous person. kaliwat gyud na nila ba!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...