Thursday, January 27, 2011

There are no accidents

Eight years ago I worked at my parents cafe. I remember one evening around 11 o'clock, a young customer did not want to go home and asked me nicely if he could stay at the cafe for the night, this young man's name is Donet. He said that he and his dad had a fight. I took him home, and my parents happily welcomed him. He must have liked my family because the next day he decided to stay again and the following day until it was time for him to go back to school. Eventually he became just like a member of the family, and my family loved him. He was a very nice kid. Twelve months later, my sister, Vine, decided to become a missionary, and she had to study some missions courses in Cagayan de Oro City where Donet lived. His family and Donet were so pleased to have Vine, and she did not have to pay for the boarding house. It was a blessing. I would say that "You reap what you sow."

4 comments:

Aisha said...

That is really nice of your family to welcome him! Not many people would do that. :) Great post, Tess.

simply divina said...

Thanks ate for posting this. na miss na noon nako si Donit.

Mojo said...

Otherwise known as "what goes around comes around". I'm assuming that young Donet and his family must've patched things up? A happy ending all around!

Tess said...

My parents ministry is to adapt people and they are loving it :) Donet has still some problem with his relationship to his dad and he's trying to cope it, he had a lot of struggle growing up and he is a little bit complicated, he would still visit my family and stay for a night or two, we knew in our hearts that he feels so comfortable with us and feels accepted and loved. So thats a blessing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...