Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Why not?



I decided to wear my jewelries one Sunday while preparing to go to church. Since having kids, I avoided wearing them, but now that they are older I thought it was about time for me to enjoy them again. I was looking at the mirror when my son came into the bedroom and saw me. He stared at me for a couple of seconds. I was expecting him to say something. I was surprised when he commented that I did not look pretty with jewelry and said to take them off. He was joking, right? But he was dead serious. Hm, I was not sure, but a minute later he said to take them off again with an angry look in his face this time. I said, "I like them on." Then he started to cry. Both his daddy and me looked at him and asked, "What's wrong?" His answer was the funniest thing I've ever heard. " I am afraid that someone would marry Mommy; then I don't have Mommy anymore." Tears were flowing down his cheeks. Both my hubby and I smiled. I did not know what to say at that point, I saw Hubby look at Matt and say in a very soft, smiling voice, " Matt, Mommy is not going to marry anyone, because she is already married to me." It took a minute or two before he settled down, and Hubby had to convince him that Mommy would never ever marry anyone and that she would not leave us. He sees me wearing jewelry now, and he is okay with it .


5 comments:

litlit said...

oh oh oh! He is sure so cute! That means, you look so pretty with your jewelries, tess. God bless you!

Tess said...

Haha, probably. He is not used to see me in a nice clothes and jewelries Lit kay dire raman mi sa balay. Mo react gyud siya everytime I look different sa iyang panan-aw. hehe! He is also very conservative, he disapprove if I wear backless or sleveless.

Janie said...

That's a sweet story. Kids get such funny ideas sometimes. They just need someone to explain things to them and then they're okay.

Flores Hayes said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com

Manang Kim said...

Ohhh this story is so cute! That is why I like more to hang around with kids they have something always in their mind that adults wouldn't think of. Thanks for sharing Tess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...