Saturday, April 2, 2011

Save, save, save

The increase of prices on everything is dramatic. The prices rose in a very short period of time, and it is scary. I am hoping to be able to work this fall to help hubby with our finances. One thing that we don't do is to dine out. If I crave for steak, I grill my own, bake my own cake and prepare my own salad and dessert. I don't send my boys and my husband to the Hair Cuttery. I cut their hair myself and save a lot of money there. I let my friend cut my hair for free. She doesn't mind at all since she enjoys it and loves doing it for me. Both my hubby and I don't care for a whole lot of material things. I am not into jewelry for which he is thankful. I don't go to a parlor for my hair, manicure or pedicure. But we all love to read books. We have a public library, so it's free. We love to go camping and traveling in the summer for fun and that is about it.I really experience God's amazing answers to our every prayer. Truly the Lord is faithful to His word. Let's rejoice in Him.

8 comments:

Janie said...

I like # 9 best, Keep smiling, life is beautiful. This seems to suit your personality, too.
Hope you have a good summer. Good advice not to worry about things you can't change.

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

I rejoice with you both! You're married to a very wise man and a wonderful leader for your family! It's so refreshing to see people who store up treasures in heaven instead on this earth! We enjoy the little things in life as well! I used to be the one to cut my friends' hair....and their children for free! As well as my own children and hubbies' hair! Have a wonderful 4th and good to hear from you!

The Yothers said...

Thank you Janie and Luanne for visiting and leaving an uplifting comments.

Regina said...

Nice and lovely post. Thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

Your words are so wonderful. I hope your summer is everything you and your beautiful family wishes for.
Rejoice in our independence and freedom tomorrow...

Pacey said...

That's a very beautiful post Tess and yes, let's not be vain too much. And smiling is the best. Thanks for the visit.

Donna (Texas) said...

Beautiful post! Thanks for your sweet comment on my political blog!!hughugs

Denise said...

You have a great attitude and I love your post. The love your family have for each other shines through like sunlight on a cloudy day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...