Wednesday, August 5, 2009

At the farm




I can feel the cool breeze coming from the window as I got up at 7 this morning. It doesn't feel like summer here in Indiana. The temperature is more like the spring and early fall. No sirens and horns are blaring that we usually have in Maryland and I just like it. I take my bath and stroll outside to find Elsie in her garden; I can hear her humming an old song while picking her beans for the auction. She has a good sized vegetable garden with cherry tomatoes, potatoes, beans, cabbage, squash, zucchini, cucumber, corn, red beets and lima beans. Three times a week she harvests her vegetables and takes them to the farmer's auction. Most of the time she gets a good price on her produce, and that really makes her day.

4 comments:

litlit said...

Wow! so nice place, tes. Have a wonderful vacation. God bless you all!

marifen said...

Nice kaau imo photos Tess, the place is as you describe, very lovely, its like steeping back into time pag mag anha sa ila place, ila lifestyle is far so different from us na naa sa syudad, hehehehee....
Thanks for sharing this lovely photos.

Janie said...

Beautiful vegetables and fruits. I'd like to have some of that selection.

Manang Kim said...

Wow they already have peaches in Indiana? Here in Michigan we haven't it yet until September. I love roaming around farms nakaka-uplift nang spirit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...