Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer is here!


The heat is on, and there is no stopping it. The electricity bill  is escalating, and you can not help it, unless you know how to make your place a little bit comfortable with minimizing the use of  your  window unit or central air. I bought curtains for my living room two years ago, and not only do I like it, but it also helps block the heat. In fact, since having the curtains on, we stopped using our window unit in our living room.   Today,  hubby took me to my favorite store to buy curtains for our  yellow room. I am not picky and fussy about curtains, because I can not afford to :). I went straight to the rack where they have 70% off  and I found the perfect thing.  I don't care if the panel and the valance don' t match.  As long as they are same color, I am fine with it. We can always find ways to be a little artistic and creative to save a penny. I did not save a penny though; I saved $197.00 and only spent  $12.00.  How cool is that?

3 comments:

Kim, USA said...

Hi Tess, thank you for stopping by I do appreciate it.
We have the same in common we are not picky at the same time we go where ever is the discounted stuff ^_^ That was a great find....and a huge savings from your pocket too ^_^ Happy weekend!

SavvyMama said...

I'm a huge fan of clearance items...:)

simply divina said...

Ate, I'm glad you're back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...