Friday, June 3, 2011

Snake in the yard

I was really happy that I finally cleaned half of my flower bed. That, of course, was completed with the help of my hubby and my two boys. Interestingly enough, we found snakes.  I am a little bit dramatic when I see a snake. If I am alone, I choose to be quiet since I don't have an audience to entertain, but if hubby is around, I would scream! Ha ha! I am a funny mom. I remember one hot summer day three years ago, when I was hanging clothes in the backyard with my son Matt nearby playing with his ball. I heard him ask me a question.
Matt: "Mommy, do you like snakes?"
Mommy: "No, I don't. They are nasty." I was being honest with him and later on thought, I shouldn't be so honest too much because I don't want him to dislike snakes too.
Mommy: "Hmm, why did you ask?"
Matt: "There's a black snake behind you."
I did not scream but I could feel my heart beat rising. I slowly turned around, and sure enough, there's the 3 foot black snake just a few inches from where I stood. I quickly scooped Matt up and ran as fast as I could in the opposite direction. I asked Matt about it when we were inside the house.

Mommy: " Was the snake there the whole time? "
Matt: "Yes."
Mommy: "Why didn't you tell me? I could have stepped on it."
Matt: " I did; I told you."

I didn't finish hanging clothes. Hubby did it when he got home from work. Later on that night, he told Matt and me that black snakes are harmless. In fact, they would run away when they see humans. They are also good snakes, and they eat mice. Why didn't he run away when he saw us standing very close to him. He must be blind not to see us. Hubby did not have any answer to that. It took me a long time before I hung clothes in the back yard again, and Matt decided he didn't like snake at all, but he said they were fascinating creatures.

4 comments:

eden said...

You are so brave. I really don't know what to do if ever I see snake in our yard. Maybe I would scream out loud. hehehe

Thank you for your visit.

pinaydiary said...

err, kung ako lang nakakita nang snake baka takbo pa ako sa takot! i hate snake and i'm afraid of it. :)

Tess said...

They are disgusting creature (sorry Lord) can't stand snakes!

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

That is creepy! I hate snakes!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...