Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Patience

Going back to school has been my greatest desire since my boys started to go to school. It has finally come to pass. I had to give up my job in the nursery where I met wonderful mommies, sweet co-workers and beautiful kids to love. I truly enjoyed working there, but I need to focus on my studies and I hope to finish the program in two and a half years.

We all make sacrifices.  Having no extra money to spend right now, we decided not to buy another car.  Even if we had the money, I still would prefer not to drive around in the DC metropolitan  area. I am fine with taking a bus, but hubby decided to take me to school and pick me up in the afternoon after his classes(bless his heart).  I made a promise not to go shopping  for the next two years. I have plenty of clothes to last me two years. I don't need any more clothing. What I need is self control, patience and perseverance.

4 comments:

Chelo @ Home and Bahay said...

That sounds really practical, Tess! You can do it! "I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me" Phil4:13
~Chelo

marife said...

You have a good heart my friend, may God bless you always.

My garden haven said...

I think what you're doing is great. Tough going, but the reward will be sweeter.
Rosie

litlit said...

Keep up the good work, tess. And I am heartily rejoicing with you. And I am so proud of you. God bless you more and more abundantly! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...