Saturday, October 15, 2011

Time To Find the Perfect Gift

   
     It is that time of year again.  With a soon-to-be seven year old and a five year old in the house, anticipation runs high.  My elder son is anxiously awaiting his seventh birthday and the gifts that will accompany it, and, of course, both boys are beginning to think of Christmas and what they want.  Starting practice for the school Christmas play has accelerated the anticipation this year.  It is time to search for children's games and toys again.

     I actually prefer children's games because there are a large number of games today that are not only great fun, but they also are educational and assist in developing a child's creativity.  Some games may even help to improve hand eye coordination.  Games tend to be used over a longer period of time whereas toys frequently are laid aside after a shorter period of time.  However, I do want something that my boys will enjoy, so I  do not want to focus solely on the educational quality.  This is one instance when I believe it is possible to have the best of both worlds.  Oh well, I guess the time has come to peruse the internet to get some good ideas.  That birthday is soon upon us, and we can perhaps save some time and maybe even money by looking now for Christmas.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

It's always good to find gifts that enrich someone's life instead of just entertaining them.
Morning Has Broken

Rosidah Abidin said...

Hi Tess, I hope that you'll find what you are looking for. Wishing all of you a wonderful time at these lovely events. May your son be blessed with even more joy as he steps into another year. I miss you too, dear. Haven't found a good rhythm yet to balance live, since we moved to another country. But I carry you in my heart, though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...