Sunday, January 22, 2012

Need an Attorney?

     Having never had a need for a criminal attorney for any matter whatsoever, I admit to thinking that criminal defense attorneys are only for those who are trying to beat a deserved rap; however, over the past year, I have rethought my position on that issue to a great extent.  I have watched many shows of "Dateline" and "48 Hours"in the last year and have seen several episodes where totally innocent people were wrongly convicted of a crime they never committed.  Most of these cases had one thing in common, the belief that this could never happen to me.  I could never be convicted for a crime I did not commit.  Unfortunately for them, they were wrong and were convicted wrongly and lost years from their lives, years they would never get back.

     A California criminal lawyer can provide protection from just that type of situation as well as help in other instances as well.  Sometimes, being innocent is just not enough; a good Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer is needed to assist in establishing that innocence.  If there is one lesson I have learned from watching some of these cases, it is not to assume anything.  Law enforcement agents can make mistakes just like anyone else, and there are even a few who will do anything to advance their careers even at the cost of another person's life.  The obvious answer to this type of situation is to retain a good defense attorney.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...