Monday, April 2, 2012

Fine Desserts


      I love fruits of all kinds: apples, blueberries, strawberries, cherries, peaches and mangoes, just to mention a few.  I will eat pancakes smothered by blueberries, strawberries, or bananas for breakfast to start the day off.  But nothing beats a dessert with fruit after finishing the main course of a meal.

     The best way of finishing off a delicious meal is with a tasty dessert. Homemade apple pie or peach cobbler are both delicious ways of finishing off a great meal. My favorite dessert, however, is a cheesecake covered with a fruit topping.  Yum!  I admit to having a weakness for desserts and really have to discipline myself so I do not overindulge.  I could eat several pieces of a cheesecake if I did not force myself to stop.  My husband makes a fantastic Black Forest Cheese Pie that is really delicious but also very rich.  Knowing that too much can be detrimental to my health, I force myself to stop after a "small" piece, however much I long to eat more.

     I recently visited Cheesecake.com, a site that features some scrumptious cheesecake desserts I would love to try.  They had an excellent variety of cheesecakes there as well as some fabulous recipes.  As I scanned their selection, I had a great idea.  One of these cheesecakes would make a great gift to send to my children.  That would solve the problem of what to send as a gift at times and add a little variety to what I send.

1 comment:

marife said...

The photo looks delicious tess. By the way, I have not been checking my blog lately, but I have read your comment and has published it, thanks for visiting my blog Tess! Wish you all the best my dear friend and God bless you and your family for always...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...