Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Once in a Blue Moon

     I am sure we have all heard the saying "once in a blue moon."  That phrase took on new meaning for me recently as I was fortunate enough to snap this photo.  While not a particularly great photo, it still captures the essence of this beautiful, full blue moon.  Later that evening I heard on the news that the lovely moon I had photographed would not reappear as a blue moon for another three years in the year  and.  I understood then with greater clarity the meaning of that expression, and I was reminded again of how easy it is to miss out on some of the little things in life that can be so pleasurable and meaningful simply because we are too busy to take the time to look.  I am so glad I was able to see this blue moon, for it may be the last "blue moon" I will ever see.   One never knows.  For more great sky photos, visit Skywatch Friday.

3 comments:

Liz said...

So beautiful. Happy sky watching.

Skywatch

afanja said...

Nice to see you've made a shot of the blue moon as well.
Thanks for sharing and enjoy your weekend.

☆•.¸.Mildred.¸.•☆ said...

Very nice shot!
Thanks for sharing;o)

***
Have a nice weekend****

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...