Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Great Pasttime




 Photo
     This summer rekindled an old interest, painting.   When I lived in the Philippines, I enjoyed painting, but after I came to the United States, other interests took its place, such as making dolls and barrettes.  Then last year I took a course in painting to fill out my course load.  I enjoyed it so much, and it provided a great release valve for the pressure of my regular coursework for nursing.  After finishing the school year, I had some free time on my hands and found once again that painting was a great leisure activity.  Although I have painted portraits of people, including my sons, I really enjoy painting bucolic scenes the most.  It just gives me a sense of peace to paint these.
         

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...